UC Davis News
- UC Davis Faculty Share Own Stories to Mentor First-Generation Students - University of California, Davis (2017)
UC News and Websites
- UC Davis lecturer Jeanette Ruiz and student Susana Ramirez Perez featured on the University of California First-Gen website
- California Today: Courting First-Generation Students at U.C. - New York Times. (2017).
- Half of new UC students are first-generation college students - University of California (2015).
- UCI First Generation - University of California, Irvine
- First Generation Faculty Campaign - University of California, Los Angeles
- Colleges Are No Match for American Poverty – The Atlantic (2018).
- Q&A: First-Generation Students – New York Times (2017).
- ‘I Won’t Give Up’: How First-Generation Students See College - New York Times. (2017).
- Guilt is one of the biggest struggles first-generation college students face - Washington Post. (2015).
- First-Generation Students Unite - New York Times. (2015).
- To Become a Bridge - New York Times. (2015).
- When Is a Student 'First Generation?' Words Fail Us - Chronicle of Higher Education. (2014).
- What We Can Learn From First-Generation College Students - Time Magazine. (2012).
- Are you first gen? Depends on who's asking - New York Times. (2017).
- The problem with teaching ‘grit’ to poor kids? They already have it. Here’s what they really need - Washington Post. (2016).
- The problem with grit - Education Week. (2015).
- How to help first-generation students succeed - The Atlantic. (2016).
- New supports for first-gen students: Helpful or just 'a drop in the bucket?' - The Hechinger Report. (2015).
- The persistence project - Inside Higher Ed. (2018).
- Grit: What is known, unknown, and off the mark? - Psychology Today. (2018).
- How I learned about the perils of grit - Psychology Today. (2017).
- How a Dean got over impostor syndrome — and thinks you can, too - The Chronicle of Higher Education. (2017).